- This event has passed.
ONLINE RETREAT Meeting the Heavenly Messengers: Cultivating Wisdom and Compassion in the Midst of Life’s Changing Currents
August 8 @ 9:00 am - August 14 @ 11:00 am
LIVE ONLINE Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Retreat with Bob Stahl and Jan Landry
It is inevitable, that we will encounter aging, illness, and death. The global pandemic has shown us this in more direct ways. In Buddhism, these are known as the first three of four Heavenly Messengers since they wake us up to the fragility and preciousness of life. The fourth Heavenly Messenger points to a way of living with greater peace and freedom.
During this mini online retreat, we will explore:
- Our relationship with illness, aging, and death
- Cultivating compassionate presence to alleviate suffering
- Developing inner resources to care for ourselves and others
- Meeting life and death with a wise and kind heart.
Each session will include guided meditation, a dharma talk, small and large group discussion. Together we will create a supportive environment to explore the mystery of life and death and how we can respond with greater wisdom and compassion.
How does this retreat work?
We will meet together as a group each morning on Zoom.
When: 8-14th August
Daily Teachings: 9-11am (NZDT)
Where: Zoom Online Meeting Space
Our online learning platform will provide all of the information for you to set up Zoom and plan your retreat.
You will also receive emails each day during the retreat, in preparation for our time together.
As a bonus, you will have ongoing access to the recordings of the daily teachings which will be available for you to revisit any time you like.
This retreat is offered on a Koha/Donation basis. When you register there is no up front cost. Once the retreat is complete we ask that you nominate and amount that feels fair and affordable for you in exchange for the teachings and at-home retreat experience. All of the information you need will be on the learning platform.
Introducing the Teaching Team
Payment is required in full at the time of booking, by credit or debit card, or direct bank transfer using our secure POLi payment gateway.
We draw special attention to two of our guidelines before registration: Mana provides lacto-ovo vegetarian food only, this means no fish or chicken and is an alcohol and drug free environment.
This group requires a minimum number of participants to go ahead, if that number is not reached we reserve the right to cancel the event.
Should you, for any reason, decide to cancel your registration, please note our cancellation policy :
- 30 days or more prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $50 administrative fee, and your spot will be offered to someone else.
- 10 – 29 days prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $200 administrative fee. Event bookings less than $200 receive no refund.
- 0-9 days prior to the start of an event, no refund will be made.
- These policies are reassessed in certain circumstances.