EVENING Open Floor Community Dance Class
June 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
COMMUNITY DANCE CLASS
TUESDAY EVENING 7:00-8:30pm
with Jade – Open Floor Teacher in Training
This is an adult public class open to all ages and abilities.
Entry is Sliding Scale: $18-20
RSVP DETAILS: Please txt Pippa 021 0296 3632 or Jade 022 404 4549 and let them know that you wish to attend and wait for confirmation.
Then payment can be made online (direct to the teachers account) or cash on the door.
* Feel free to arrive from 9.30am. The music will be ready if you’d like a longer warmup, or if you’re new come early so we can welcome you.
WHAT is OPEN FLOOR MOVEMENT PRACTICE?
Open Floor is a lively dance and movement practice that energises the body and opens the mind.
There are no moves to learn. We simply show up and move with whatever is present: our creative minds, our tender hearts, our joys and excitements, our aches and pains. And in the process we discover our own unique dance.
Classes include guided inquiry as well as time to follow your own dance. The teachers select diverse music to inspire creative expression, wild abandon and quiet awareness. Sometimes we experience insights and healing, and sometimes we simply have a great dance.
The open dance floor becomes a playground for exploring the relational nature of being human: our ever-changing needs for solitude, connection and a sense of community. We learn life skills that serve us on and off the dance floor, helping us to develop a flexibility and resilience that enables us to respond creatively to life.
No experience is required.
The invitation is to come just as you are.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking, by credit or debit card, or direct bank transfer using our secure POLi payment gateway.
We draw special attention to two of our guidelines before registration: Mana provides lacto-ovo vegetarian food only, this means no fish or chicken and is an alcohol and drug free environment.
This group requires a minimum number of participants to go ahead, if that number is not reached we reserve the right to cancel the event.
Should you, for any reason, decide to cancel your registration, please note our cancellation policy :
- 30 days or more prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $50 administrative fee, and your spot will be offered to someone else.
- 10 – 29 days prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $200 administrative fee. Event bookings less than $200 receive no refund.
- 0-9 days prior to the start of an event, no refund will be made.
- These policies are reassessed in certain circumstances.