Osteo Phase 1 with Robyn Seamer and Manuela Da Rin
March 19 @ 11:00 am - March 22 @ 2:00 pm$255.00 – $900.00
Please note, this retreat is reserved for those who have already registered with Robyn Seamer and Maneula Da Rin. Please see their webpage in the following link for more details: Biodynamics Registration Link >>>
Phase 1 overview:
Identifying osteopathic biomechanical, functional and biodynamic methodologies through: Start points and end points.
Motion testing vs motion permitted vs ‘motion present’
The physiology of the lesion field
Thoracic and Primary Respiration Biodynamic methodology of Patient’s Neutral
Synchronisation with the Health
The prevention of side effects. Rebalancing
C.N.S embryological development, metabolic fluid fields, motion and function
Natural Disengagement within: Tissue –balanced Membranous tension (B.M.T) Fluid – Balanced Fluid Tension (B.F.T.)
Fluid fulcrums, Intra-osseous lesions and patterns of motion.
Osteopaths with an interest in communicating with the natural laws and inherent therapeutic forces within the body.
What is Osteopathy
Dr. Still, the founder, an American surgeon described it as:
“Osteopathy is a scientific knowledge of anatomy and physiology in the hands of a person of intelligence and skill, who can apply that knowledge to the use of the man when sick or wounded by strains, shock, falls, or mechanical derangement or injury of any kind to the body. An up-to-date osteopath must have a masterful knowledge of anatomy and physiology… By our knowledge of physiology, we can comprehend the requirements of the circulation of the fluids of the body as to time, speed and quantity, in harmony with the demands of normal life.”Dr. Still, Philosophy and principles of osteopathy, published in 1892, Kirksville.
Like many clinical investigators of his time, Still considered the patient to be his field of study and spoke of Osteopathy as: a Science, a Philosophy, and an Art.
As the profession developed, osteopathic principles evolved as:
1. The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind and spirit.
2. The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing and health maintenance.
3. Structure and function are interdependent: This concept avoids the artificial separation of physiology, anatomy and biochemical and electrical fields.
4. The rationale of treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unit, self-regulation and the inter-relationship of structure and function.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking, by credit or debit card, or direct bank transfer using our secure POLi payment gateway.
We draw special attention to two of our guidelines before registration: Mana provides lacto-ovo vegetarian food only, this means no fish or chicken and is an alcohol and drug free environment.
This group requires a minimum number of participants to go ahead, if that number is not reached we reserve the right to cancel the event.
Should you, for any reason, decide to cancel your registration, please note our cancellation policy :
- 30 days or more prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $50 administrative fee, and your spot will be offered to someone else.
- 10 – 29 days prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $200 administrative fee. Event bookings less than $200 receive no refund.
- 0-9 days prior to the start of an event, no refund will be made.
- These policies are reassessed in certain circumstances.