Osteo Phase 7 with Robyn Seamer and Manuela Da Rin
November 26 @ 11:00 am - November 29 @ 2:00 pm$255.00 – $900.00
Please note, this retreat is reserved for those who have already registered with Robyn Seamer and Maneula Da Rin. Please see their webpage in the following link for more details: Biodynamics Registration Link >>>
Phase 7 will cover principles of treatment working with several manifestations of the Health in:
- management of pain in chronic and terminally ill patients, in conjunction with ongoing medical treatment;
- elevated allostatic load from chronic stress;
- ‘Pregnancy brain’ in pregnant or post partum patients and age related cognitive decline (ARCD) in geriatric patients;
- past history of head trauma and memory of matrix of the Health.
- evaluate and utilize thoracic breathing and primary respiration in relationship to the Health, to alleviate/manage chronic pain.
- assess the patient’s ‘General Adaptive Response’ to stress/ trauma/pain and apply osteopathic treatment to establish a state of rest, or neutral in the Health, for the patient to restore a functional reserve and cellular spatial orientation in the whole.
- assess the clinical relevance of fluid field ‘vertical height’ in cisterna magna with geriatrics, pregnant or post partum patients.
- Re-establish physiological function of CSF in cisterna magna and synchronised motion in the three diaphragms (pelvic, thoracic and meningeal dura).
- Assess compromised midline from past head trauma and re-establishment of communication with the Midline of the Health for spatial orientation in the whole patient.
- Feeling the physical substance and presence of the perfect form
What is Osteopathy
Dr. Still, the founder, an American surgeon described it as:
“Osteopathy is a scientific knowledge of anatomy and physiology in the hands of a person of intelligence and skill, who can apply that knowledge to the use of the man when sick or wounded by strains, shock, falls, or mechanical derangement or injury of any kind to the body. An up-to-date osteopath must have a masterful knowledge of anatomy and physiology… By our knowledge of physiology, we can comprehend the requirements of the circulation of the fluids of the body as to time, speed and quantity, in harmony with the demands of normal life.”Dr. Still, Philosophy and principles of osteopathy, published in 1892, Kirksville.
Like many clinical investigators of his time, Still considered the patient to be his field of study and spoke of Osteopathy as: a Science, a Philosophy, and an Art.
As the profession developed, osteopathic principles evolved as:
1. The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind and spirit.
2. The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing and health maintenance.
3. Structure and function are interdependent: This concept avoids the artificial separation of physiology, anatomy and biochemical and electrical fields.
4. The rationale of treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unit, self-regulation and the inter-relationship of structure and function.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking, by credit or debit card, or direct bank transfer using our secure POLi payment gateway.
We draw special attention to two of our guidelines before registration: Mana provides lacto-ovo vegetarian food only, this means no fish or chicken and is an alcohol and drug free environment.
This group requires a minimum number of participants to go ahead, if that number is not reached we reserve the right to cancel the event.
Should you, for any reason, decide to cancel your registration, please note our cancellation policy :
- 30 days or more prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $50 administrative fee, and your spot will be offered to someone else.
- 10 – 29 days prior to the start of an event, a refund will be made less a $200 administrative fee. Event bookings less than $200 receive no refund.
- 0-9 days prior to the start of an event, no refund will be made.
- These policies are reassessed in certain circumstances.