Try cooking these tasty vegan and wheat-free muffins from the Mana Retreat kitchen.
Makes approximate 12 muffins
(vegan and wheat free)
2 cups white/wholemeal spelt flour
1¾ cups wholemeal spelt flour
2½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup apple juice
¾ cup ricebran oil
1½ cups soy milk
2 cups chopped peaches
½ tsp mixed spice
1 tbsp chopped crystalised ginger
- Mix dry ingredients first, then add wet.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly oil a muffin tray.
- Mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, soda and spice.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and add with the fruits to the dry mixture.
- Mix lightly and spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.