This informative website (http://manaretreat.com) and all of its content are owned by Mana Retreat registered charitable trust.
By using our website, you consent to this policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
If you submit contact forms on our website, we collect the data shown in the contact form as well as your IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection. We dislike spam as much as you do.
After you submit a contact form, the information is emailed to us at [email protected] so we can read and respond to your message. That’s why you want to send it, right? The submitted information is kept securely in our database and in our email service for two years. After that, it’s archived – so please don’t expect us to remember what you said three years ago!
Shopping and Registering for Events
When you browse our store related pages, we store information about:
- Products you’ve viewed. We use this information to show you products you’ve recently viewed, similar products, and make suggestions. It makes shopping more fun!
- Your location, IP address and browser type. We use this information to estimate taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address. We use this information estimate shipping before you place an order and send you the order. No one likes surprise shipping costs.
- Your shopping cart contents. We store a copy of your cart in our database for 60 days to improve your shopping experience and remind you of your cart’s contents. We like to window shop online, too.
If you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and account information like username and password. We use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order (So we both have copies, just in case)
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints (That is what customer service is all about.)
- Process payments and prevent fraud (Your payments help us keep doing what we are doing!)
- Set up your account for our store (To help you keep track of things)
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes (Ugh, no one likes taxes.)
- Improve our store offerings (How else do you think we get such a fab ideas?)
- Send you marketing messages if you choose to receive them (You can totally opt-out if you want.)
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. You can edit or change this information anytime you want in your account dashboard.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We’ll delete it sooner if you want us to, just ask.
We will also store product reviews if you choose to leave them. We really love when people leave reviews, it helps others shop for their needs. So, thank you, if you choose to chime in!
Embedded content from other websites
Sometimes, when we write an article, it might include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the website it came from.
If you opt-in to receive our emails, we may use your personal information to provide you with product updates or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. We try to stick to a once-a-month email schedule, but it doesn’t always work out that way.
If you do not want to receive emails from us after subscribing, you may opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. And it won’t hurt our feelings, promise. xo
We store your communication preferences when you sign up. It helps us make sure we email you exactly how you like to be emailed. This data is retained until you request the removal of your data.
We keep a log of some of the communication that we have with you. We keep these logs to improve our marketing and communication with you and other customers. For example, if we send an email everyone dislikes, we know not to do that again. These logs are retained until you request removal of your data.
Like most websites around, we collect non-identifying information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We collect this information to better understand how you use our website, so we can keep improving it.
We may collect statistics about your behavior on our website. For instance, we monitor the most popular pages on the website to help us with content creation or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. Like the other analytical information, it helps to get better at this whole virtual communication and website stuff.
TOO LONG, DIDN’T READ?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
HOW LONG DO WE STORE DATA?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its data are retained indefinitely unless requested to be removed. It makes the site look really weird when we delete old comments, folks replying to ghosts and nothing and all.
If you have an account, you can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username) on your account dashboard.
If you have an account and do not log in to this site, we remove your account and all relevant information after two years of inactivity. We figure, after two years, you’ve probably moved on, and deleting your data makes room for new people. (Plus, we don’t really need it anymore.)
If you begin to place an order and choose to abandon the checkout process, cancel the order, or fail to complete the order, your order will be deleted after thirty days.
If you place an order and fully complete it, we archive the order information after seven years. We keep it for so long to make sure you can access your digital products, but also, to keep the taxman happy. Make sure to download your ordered goodies though, as we can’t retrieve deleted orders or associated digital products. They go bye-bye for real.
If you sign up for marketing emails and do not want to receive them any longer, you may opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. We do not delete the information collected from email subscribers unless requested. Otherwise, we’d have a lot of angry emails from people asking why they aren’t receiving that thing they signed up for.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Just drop us a line to put in a request.
Where we store your data
For the most part, we keep your data right where you leave it. However, we do send comments through an automated spam detection service called Akismet. Your user information, such as account data and order information, is stored in our web host’s secure database. And if you are an email subscriber, your information is stored in our email service’s secure database. Please see the Third Party Disclosure for more information.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFO?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Unlike a lot of other folks, we stay up-to-date on WordPress security and geek out about it quite a bit.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. (That’s our Team, busy in the office, ready to help you out when you ask for it!) When you register for an account on our website, you are responsible for maintaining your account’s security by using a strong password. (So don’t go using “password123” – our website will make you change it.)
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are protected by SSL encryption technology, processed through a gateway provider, and are not stored or processed on our servers. We don’t want the weight of your sensitive data on our shoulders. We trust Eway to do the dirty work. See our Third Party Disclosure for more information.
If you are not in the New Zealand, you should know that your personal information will be processed in the New Zealand. That’s where we live and work, obviously.
In the ridiculously low-chance but unfortunate event of a data breach, we will contact you and the relevant authorities within 72 hours.
Yes, we do.
If you don’t know what they are, cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
They are not food and do not come in delicious flavors like chocolate chip or peanut butter. (Sadly they are created by an extensive web of data analytics not the Mana Kitchen Team.)
We use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of our websites such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser’s settings or preferences. Every browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help files to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Here are some popular browsers:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. Actually, a lot of features will be disabled. It will break a lot of our website. But you can still read the articles.
You may choose to delete cookies on your computer at any time. Use your browser preferences to do so.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information with the exception of the following services:
- We process all online bookings using Event Espresso. When processing your registration form, Event Espresso may collect some of your data for the purpose of supporting our requests and the integrity of our booking engine. Please see Event Espresso Privacy Notice for more information.
- We accept payments through Eway. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Eway, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Please see the Eway Terms of Service page for more details.
We don’t let anyone talk us into giving out your information. Not even if they offered us a gazillion dollars. See, we really care about you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party information, products, or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. If you see a broken link or a questionable link, let us know so we can fix it.
We are the data controllers since we collect and use the data we just talked about. (That really kind of sounds way more powerful than it is.) We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We like folks that are also GDPR compliant, but we can’t guarentee it.
Sales Tax Policy
Mana Retreat Charitable Trust collects sales tax in New Zealand, where we have a physical presence.
Even if we do not collect sales tax from you, you may owe sales tax on your purchase. Your country most likely requires purchasers to report and pay tax on all purchases that are not taxed at the time of sale. The tax may be reported and paid on your individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return. For more information, please visit your department of revenue website.
Legal & Copyright Disclaimer
Mana Retreat Charitable Trust and its content (images, text, videos, etc.) are protected under the Copyright Act and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws, and all rights are reserved, including resale rights. We encourage you to reuse, distribute, or give material from Mana Retreat to anyone else, including but not limited to photographs, articles, ebooks, videos, downloads, etc, with the exception of content that requires a monetary exchange.
If you purchase content from Mana Retreat we ask for your respect in our endeavors as a charitable trust to generate necessary funding to continue our services with these ongoing sales by; referring others to purchase our products, services, and online content; not redistributing for your own personal or monetary gain.
Please note that all of the information presented on Mana Retreat is based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence. Although we have made every attempt to achieve complete accuracy, we assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.
Any trademarks, service marks, product names or named features are assumed to be the property of their respective owners and are used only for reference.
Lastly, nothing on manaretreat.com is intended to replace common sense, legal, medical or other professional advice, and is meant to inform the reader of our experiences so that they may garner whatever information is pertinent to them.
Mana Retreat is not responsible for injury or liability to any reader or commenter resulting from the content posted on the site, or from comments posted by readers, that may be viewed as offensive, misleading, inaccurate, illegal, or otherwise unsuitable.