Christmas Bliss Balls (makes 12)
1 cup each of pecans and medjool dates;
¼ cup of sultanas
¼ cup of cocoa powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp each of ground ginger and allspice
1 tsp of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
24 pumpkin seeds
24 dried cranberries
- Blend pecans in a food processor until finely chopped, then add dates, sultanas, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, allspice, pinch of salt and the grated zest of the orange.
- Blend together with the juice of half the orange.
- When the mixture has formed into one ball, remove from the processor and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each into a ball, then roll the top half of the ball in desiccated coconut and decorate with pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.