Simple red cabbage, pear, and walnut salad
So easy, yet so delicious! We sourced this wonderful salad recipe from Vegan Society NZ.
- Half a small red cabbage finely sliced
- Slices or cubes of one large pear
- ½ cup of Walnuts toasted in a fry pan
- ½ cup of celery for extra crunch
- Juice of a lemon
- Half a cup of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of agave or brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 or 2 crushed cloves of garlic
* Put all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake
* Toss all salad ingredients together, mix in dressing and serve immediately to keep the walnuts crunchy
Pair it with some roasted veges
This crispy, zesty salad goes great with roast vegetables. Try cutting kumara or pumpkin into cubes, sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Roast beetroot goes well too and will take longer to roast than the other vegetables.
For more recipe inspiration
Check out more recipes on our website.
SOURCE: Vegan Society